Terms & Conditions
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for our products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
This consists of the following;
- Personal data; Any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). This includes name, address, contact number, email address. Should you partake in an online survey we may ask you for your age, gender, email address and address.
- Profile Data; Includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses, as well as any profile data which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
- Technical Data; Includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data; Includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data; Includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
- Marketing and Communications Data; Includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
Please note that if you do not agree to provide us with basic information, you will not be able to purchase any item on our site.
Please note that you may visit our site anonymously by browsing privately via editing the settings in your browser.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or through chat or social media.
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive the BR newsletters online or at events
- make enquiries or request information be sent to you
- create an account on our website
- order our products or services
- ask for marketing to be sent to you
- engage with us on social media
- enter a competition, promotion or survey
- contact customer services
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services
How do we use your personal data?
- Fulfilment of your order
- To enhance future shopping experiences
- Customer support
- Product performance analysis
- Product development
- Communication and direct marketing (more on this below)
Data Protection guidelines state that we can use and share your personal data when we have one or more of the below reasons.
- Consent e.g. when you tick a box to receive our email newsletters
- Contractual obligations e.g. we’ll collect your address details to delivery your order
- Legal compliance e.g. passing on details of people involved in criminal activity
- Legitimate interest e.g. direct marketing, understanding our customer wishes and shopping preferences, improving our service and products
- Direct marketing and communication
You can opt to share your information for direct marketing purposes on our websites. You can do this when creating an account, guest and account checkout, newsletter request and catalogue request. You can select to receive email newsletters and catalogues, or to be signed up to 3rd party marketing. It’s always your choice whether you share your details with us for these purposes.
How do we protect your information?
The information you provide to us to place your order will be stored securely by the Data Controller at Belinda Robertson. The information you provide to us to place your order will also be securely stored on our website host provider for up to 5 years.
The email address that you provided to sign up to our newsletter will be securely stored by our email provider.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Cookies, IP Addresses, Pixel Tags & Tracking Technology
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors, such as Google.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We may also use IP addresses to analyse trends, look at traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
When you visit the Belinda Robertson Site or view one of our emails, we may use pixel tags/tracking links and/or similar technology to note pages that you visit and action you take. We may also use this information for aggregate purposes.
Pixel tags and tracking links are lines of code embedded on various pages of our Site. The data collected by our use of pixel tags is anonymous, so we cannot find out anything about you apart from the page you have viewed on our own site.
We may use pixel tags in order to provide you with targeted re-marketing advertisements through the use of technology. The pixel tags that we place on the Site are used by the re-marketing software platforms in combination with a cookie that is set on your computer to track customer browsing habits and provide you with more relevant advertising based on this browsing. The aim of this is to better target interactive advertising and to improve the online experience for our customers.
How to manage your marketing preferences?
You may opt out of receiving future Opt-In communications when you register at this Site or otherwise provide your contact information to us. You may change your preferences at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each Opt-In Communication email you receive.
Should you have an account with us online, you can also amend your marketing preferences and save new preferences in the Mailing Subscriptions section. Alternatively, please follow the below steps.
- If you do not wish to receive our marketing emails please email firstname.lastname@example.org unsubscribe. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
- If you do not wish to receive any future posted mailings, please email email@example.com your name and address details to unsubscribe. Please note that any printed marketing material is printed in advance, so it may take up to 6 weeks for the process to be completed.
Changes to our policy
Payment for all Products ordered through the Belinda Robertson website must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Debit, and American Express. We use Stripe on our website for secure payments.
Should you choose to create an online profile with us, we would store and use this card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments that you make as a member for additional goods and services. We will store this data in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable law and only for so long as legally permitted.
You may choose to opt out of us holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details for the purpose of making any future purchases.
Questions and Feedback
All Design, Content, Images & Text Copyright © BJD Design Ltd unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
Terms and Conditions
Belindarobertson.com is a website of BJD Designs Ltd, Fenton Barns, North Berwick, East Lothian, EH39 5BW. Registered VAT number 991 2586 84. The following terms and conditions will apply between you and BJD Designs Ltd, when you buy an item from Belindarobertson.com. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
As with all terms and conditions, this is where we need to clarify some of the more formal aspects of what we do. We have tried to make them as easy to read as possible and are designed to make your shopping experience as easy and secure as possible – so you can get on with your day with minimum hassle and maximum style.
The Belindarobertson.com website, products and related services are made available to you subject to the following Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) and any other rules posted on the website. By visiting Belindarobertson.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described.
Please note, these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time, please read the T&Cs and check back often. If you do not agree to any changes then you should stop using our websites.
From time to time, we may modify the T&Cs, and your continued use of Belindarobertson.com following such change will signify your agreement to be bound by the modified T&Cs.
If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact the Customer Service team before placing an order.
All contracts are conducted in English and by entering into a contract both parties agree to submit to the sole jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, in accordance with English law.
SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Occasionally we will reach out to customers via social media to request to use their social media images for marketing purposes. If we contact you and you are happy for us to do so, by responding, you agree to the following:
- You grant BJD Designs Ltd, a royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use your social media handle and your social media photograph(s) and in relation to which you have responded yes (the “Photos”) on Belindarobertson.com or Belinda Robertson platforms (including but not limited to Style Notes, Instagram and Facebook), for Belinda Robertson catalogue, marketing and/or in their advertising.
- Belinda Robertson may use, reproduce, distribute, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your Photos in any manner in its sole discretion, with no obligation to you whatsoever.
- You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to your Photos, (ii) you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your Photos to grant the rights herein, (iii) you are 18 years or older, and (iv) Belinda Robertson’s use of your Instagram handle and/or Photos will not violate the rights of any third party or any law.
- You hereby waive any moral rights in the Photos to which you are now or may be at any future time entitled under Chapter IV of Part I of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction.
- You hereby release and discharge Belinda Robertson from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your Photos and any of the intellectual property rights contained therein in connection with the uses described above.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Belinda Robertson and any person acting on Belinda Robertson’s behalf harmless from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with use of the Photos as described above.
Discount promotions apply only to personal orders. Orders that are considered to be commercial may be excluded from these offers.
Orders placed outside of the specified date are not eligible for these offers and the offer cannot be applied or transferred to any previous or subsequent orders placed outside of the period stated.
BJD Designs Ltd reserves the right to modify, or remove promotional codes at any time at its sole discretion.
Excessive abuse or misuse of promotions and codes may result in order or item cancellation.
In order to allow fair redemption of promotions, BJD Designs Ltd may restrict redemption to one per person.
Gift vouchers are excluded from all promotions. All discounts offered will be applied at checkout after an applicable promotion code has been entered successfully. Certain products may be excluded from promotions.
We cannot confirm the price of an item until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy (see ORDERS section below).
GBP AND EUR PRICING
Prices shown in British Pounds (GBP) are inclusive of VAT. Prices shown in Euros (EUR) are inclusive of EU taxes.
Please note that all shipments to destinations outside of the EU may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied by the importing country at the time the shipment arrives in your country. All applicable duties, fees and any additional charges for customs clearance are the customer’s responsibility.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. Orders placed by you are an offer to purchase and will be accepted by us, subject to stock availability.
Please note that for inventory purposes each item requested constitutes an individual order. Wherever possible we will attempt to consolidate multiple orders in one shipment and on one invoice. Due to inventory and packaging requirements, however, orders may be shipped over several days in multiple packages.
Please note that you will only ever pay once for shipping, even if the particular items in your order have to be shipped separately. All back orders will be sent by standard delivery.
The steps required to create the contract between you and BJD Designs Ltd are as follows:
- You confirm your order to us by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout, you will receive an email acknowledging the details of your order. This email is NOT an acceptance of your order.
- As your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a dispatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorization for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
Gift Vouchers purchased from us may be used as payment in exchange for goods sold on our website. Please note that once sold we can not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged gift vouchers, and that our gift vouchers are valid for a maximum period of 12 months from issue. Gift vouchers older than 12 months may be redeemed solely at our discretion.
Payment can be made by:
GBP – Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express
EUR – Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard
CAD – Visa & Mastercard
USD – Visa, Mastercard, American Express
We will not charge you until the goods leave our warehouse and when you confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to BJD Designs Ltd, we will not be liable for any delay or non-shipping.
Our returns window is 14 days from the day you receive your item, but we accept returns for up to 28 days if you notify us of your intention to return the item within the initial 14 days. Please note we only accept returns if they are unused, in a resalable condition with all tags attached. We recommend retaining a proof of postage as we don’t accept responsibility for items lost in transit. Refunds will be made to the original payment method. We do not hold any responsibility for the items when being returned by the customer. We advise you to track your delivery.
UK Customers: you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receiving it and will receive a refund for the full cost of the order, excluding the basic cost for delivery. However, you must pay for the value of the service that is provided up to the point you cancel.
EU Customers: you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receiving your goods. Please notify us in writing (by email) within 14 days that you wish to cancel your order and that you intend to return the item(s) and we will be happy to offer you a full refund excluding delivery charge. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision to withdraw from the purchase. You can do this by adding a written statement to the goods that you are returning by post. It is not enough to just send the goods back.
Please note: Any underwear or briefs are excluded from the returns policy. On returning goods on which you have received a discount/offer, that discount/offer will no longer apply if you fall below the discount/offer threshold.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES RIGHTS AND RIGHTS TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in BJD Designs Ltd. You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly authorised by BJD Designs Ltd. Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) modify, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, perform, license, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
You may not use this Website, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own Site.
Every care has been taken to describe items accurately, however slight variations may occur with colour reproduction or text descriptions, to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant that the text descriptions, colours or other content is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error free.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
From time to time slight alterations may be made to the design and/or specification of our garments and fabrics to ensure that they offer optimum fit and durability.
BJD Designs Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss whether this arises from breach of duty, breach of contract, negligence or any other way. Liability for any claim shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied.
Resale of any Belinda Robertson product without the express, written consent of BJD Designs Ltd is strictly prohibited.
All of the above does not affect your statutory rights.
REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS
Registered in Scotland; Company number SC353444